Thursday, August 7, 2014



I had originally planned to only post some of the pictures from our little photo shoot yesterday, but how to even appreciate them without reminiscing on the past six years with my best friend?
Emily's friendship was a blessing in disguise to me. Meeting in sixth grade English class and eventually ending up in the same lunch class, we bonded over weird nicknames we gave one another and our love for the Jonas Brothers-- a love that eventually shifted to Justin Bieber once 8th grade rolled around. Through the silly YouTube videos, tears at the concerts we counted down the days to, letters, closet wall shrines, and fights with classmates to defend a pop singer we had never even met, I'm thankful I have her to remember it all with.
Emily and I share an unbreakable bond, and not only because of our embarrassing middle school stories. We have cried together. We have laughed together (too many times to count). We found God together. We defeated the horrors of middle and high school together. And speaking for myself, she, along with Sarah and Grace, has helped in shaping me to be the person I am today.
It scares me that we won't be a five minute drive away anymore, and that I'll likely be gone when she comes home in the summers. But ours is a friendship that picks right back up where it left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment