Tuesday, August 5, 2014

maybe this is my third try at a blog... and maybe this one seems more sensible.

With move-in day a mere two and a half weeks away, I am emotionally, mentally, and quite physically overwhelmed. I am a newly-crowned Miss Alabama Teen, an honor so unexpected I wasn't sure it was real at first, and am stepping into the next phase of life with more preparation on my list that I ever imagined. The national pageant is to be held in Anaheim, California on Thanksgiving week, and until then I get to experience the joy of constant rehearsing, two jobs, and studies that will likely overwhelm me as one who didn't have to study for my A's in high school.
And even after November, unless the miraculous occurs and I am blessed with the title of National American Miss Teen (in which case I would make appearances and volunteer as a national queen), my duties as a state titleholder will continue until next June when I pass the beloved crown to my successor.
Ah, another dilemma! Next summer I am hoping to land my first ever internship in none other than New York City with a top publishing company. I am dreaming of NYLON, New York Magazine, or maybe even W, but from what I have heard about the competitiveness of this industry, I don't plan to be too picky. With this experience under my belt, and more in the following summers as an undergrad, I plan to intern at the miraculous, glamorous, and oh so mysterious Conde Nast company, specifically in the office of Vogue.
Let us pray that my kindhearted boss will give me one Monday off to fly back to Montgomery, AL and have the bittersweet farewell weekend that I know will come too quickly.

Enough about the future. I am here to write about the now, and to encourage college students (and anyone else, for that matter) to take on the blessings of life as they come. I'm not sure what will come about this little technological notebook of mine, but we shall see how it goes.

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
       John 14:27 

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading about all of your adventures and your thoughts along the way.

    ReplyDelete